Newspapers are slowly but surely being taken over by online blogs. Blogs are made up of bloggers who now use to be newspaper journalists, but have a much wider variety of skills. They can record and edit video. They’re good in front of and behind the camera. They can do a little bit of radio. They have web-tool skills. It’s all about being versatile, not necessarily about knowing just journalism anymore. Blogs are taking over because of how speedy they are and can be. Speed is the emphasis in journalism, and blogs make news even more instantaneous. Newspapers will most likely disappear altogether. In fact, online newspapers are becoming popular, and I wouldn’t be surprised if that becomes the replacement to print newspapers.
To me, I understand the shift and the change, it’s inevitable. Still, I like the old print newspaper. I like having that paper in your hand, that you can open up and put down and open up again. I remember when I was kid always sitting down on Sunday morning, before cartoons, and reading through the paper. It was a weekly ritual that I very much enjoyed. Going online wouldn’t be the same as I would go with my Dad and brothers after swimming to pick up that paper, along with doughnuts sometimes.
No comments:
Post a Comment