Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Dramatic Newscasts


I can’t stand television newscasts. I touched on it in my other post, but the whole song and dance that is network news is a joke in my opinion. Beyond the theatricalities of it, I find the format of newscasts boring and a huge waste of time. They’re a waste of time because so much time is spent on commercials, lead ins, and pointless cutaways. 
What I’ve been doing to keep myself more immersed is to just simply read news articles online. I try to go local, with WMUR, national, with NY Times, Boston Globe, and LA Times, and international, with BBC News. I find the ritual of going to these websites to be tedious. Coupled with all my other responsibilities, I find myself not having enough time that I desire to really go in depth about these stories. I’m only able to read them. I am not able to research them further and find out more about the subject matter of what is going on. This feels frustrating most of the time and I think is another factor that contributes to my generations laziness when it comes to the news. We sometimes take an all-or-nothing approach and I myself feel sometimes that I should just take that approach with the news. I know I shouldn’t though and I continue to grind with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment