I wonder constantly about the evolution of social media and how it will be different in a few years. I actually wonder about the evolution of everything, from technology to new entertainment and so on and so forth. But I want to focus on social media for this blog post.
We’ve talked at length about how social media has really changed journalism in the last five to ten years. With online blogging, and social media sites like twitter, journalism has changed forever. What I’m wondering is how journalism will continue to change, and what it will look like in ten years, twenty years, and even fifty years. I’m intrigued by the possibility. The biggest factor has been speed. The spread of news has become almost instantaneous. Everything is reported on instantly. Of course, there isn’t as much depth, that comes later, but the initial news is out there almost instantaneously. Twitter has also helped people share their thoughts on this instantaneous news almost instantly. This includes journalists and important figures in news stories.
It’s hard to predict what the future will bring with news, but I can’t see news traveling any faster. Perhaps news will become more layered, with news being reported faster with many more angles and opinions. I could see news becoming even more “opinionated”, as Joe referenced in class a little bit and from what we can see in Twitter.
No comments:
Post a Comment