After watching the final Presidential debate, I wanted to share my thoughts on the debates in general and the coverage that I see. I tweeted multiple times that my biggest complaint throughout the entire debates was that the question the candidates were being asked was not put at the bottom of the screen. It seems like such a simple thing to implement, but one that hasn’t been put in. I wonder if the lack of this installation is to save face for the candidates. I noticed, particularly in the second debate, how little the candidates actually answered the questions. As we talked about in class, there was a lot of questions that were simply used as pivots.
One of my biggest problems was the declaration of winners and losers in debates. I think putting it into that type of category is making it too simple. There is no winner or loser in my opinion. The debates are to show the nation who these candidates are and what they stand for. How they respond to questions and pressure. The real winner and loser will be decided on election day. Each candidate does certain things better within the debate, but I think this nature of declaring a winner is, once again, another tactic to simplify things.
No comments:
Post a Comment